[OpenSpending] FYI: Sunlight & CfA Procurement Survey closes Friday the 6th

Rebecca Williams rwilliams at sunlightfoundation.com
Tue Sep 3 19:23:24 UTC 2013

Hi OpenSpenders,

Just a reminder that the Sunlight Foundation & Code for America's local
government procurement survey *closes this Friday*. We have received ~30
government official to fill out this 10-minute
survey<https://codeforamerica.wufoo.com/forms/local-gov-procurement-survey/>,
there's still time. [I'm excited to share results and any help in obtaining
more cities to compare is *appreciated.*] Share far and wide.

Also, here is some example email copy to send your local
Comptroller/Finance Dept/Purchasing Officer :

Hi <<Name>>,

I am a citizen of <<City>> and interested in how the city procurement
process works. The Sunlight Foundation and Code for America are currently
conducting a national survey on local level procurement processes to
research best practices. They're sharing results and analysis amongst
participants. I would love to see <<City>> participate in this study.

If you're familiar with the ins and outs of procurement in <<City>>, I'd
appreciate it if you could fill out this 10 minute
survey<https://codeforamerica.wufoo.com/forms/local-gov-procurement-survey/>,
which closes this Friday, September 6th.

For more information on the survey, check out the introductory blogpost
from Code for America<http://www.codeforamerica.org/2013/07/18/help-us-procure-procurement-policies/>
and
the Sunlight Foundation<http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/07/18/local-government-procurement-how-does-your-city-stack-up/>
.

Your help is appreciated in advance,

<<You>>

Thanks in advance for your help and attention.

Rebecca

--
Rebecca Williams
Policy Analyst | Sunlight Foundation <http://www.sunlightfoundation.com/>