[OpenSpending] Users of public sector accounts

Marc Joffe marc at publicsectorcredit.org
Wed Sep 25 15:53:25 UTC 2013

Milly

I read public accounts documents in order to perform solvency analysis on
governments.  I am specifically interested in total revenues and
expenditures, debt levels, the maturity profile of outstanding debt,
interest costs and other future obligations (such as employee pension costs
and old age retirement benefits).  I like to see forecasts for as many years
as possible, including forecasts of macroeconomic variables such as GDP and
sensitivities between changes in GDP and changes in various categories of
revenue and expenditure.  Finally, it is great to get disclosure in some
kind of machine readable form instead of just PDF.  Perhaps contrary to most
on this forum, I am fine with Excel format.

Cheers,

Marc Joffe

Public Sector Credit Solutions

http://www.publicsectorcredit.org/pscf.html