[OpenSpending] errors saving dimensions

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Fri Jul 11 21:28:00 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel

On fös 11.júl 2014 12:37, Daniel Gruber wrote:
> I am a member of the regional parliament of Middle Franconia in
> Bavaria/Germany and a i like the idea of OpenData. Due to a request I
> could reach the publication of machine-readable budget data. I am
> trying to import this data to openspending.org but having some trouble
> saving the dimensions:

That's great! Let's get the budget data up on OpenSpending.

> mapping.column: Required
> mapping.id: 'id' is a reserved word and cannot be used here
> mapping.label: Required

I'm going to need a little more information from you, but let's move
this to a private chat. Could you reply to me only (not the list) and
give me a link to the csv file and describe how you're trying to create
the model.

> I haven't found any documentation about this. I already read a lot but
> it's still mostly try and error.

The documentation and the process is unfortunately not the best I must
admit so trial and error is as good as reading and I'm here to help so
no worries.

Are you by any chance going to OKFestival in Berlin? There's going to be
a session there on budget data specification which could make everything
much simpler for you (but let's still try to get what you have now working).

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>