[OpenSpending] Open Contracting and OKCon

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Fri Mar 28 15:31:06 UTC 2014

Michael, what are the countries that you have identified so far? Sunlight
did a little bit of `research` last summer around how countries disclose
their procurement data, might be useful for your work:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/10/03/so-how-do-other-countries-perform-when-it-comes-to-procurement-transparency/

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM, David Cabo <david.cabo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Friedrich,
>
> great to hear Civio is approaching this!
>
>  Well, at least we’ll try (very hard); so many things to fix around here!
> :D
>
> The only way I’m using this right now is to integrate those with regards
> to EU agencies into OpenInterests.eu (QuienManda for the EU ;). I would
> like to make the full dataset available, and of course a data standard
> would enable that extract to be used in shared tools.
>
> More than happy to give you a CSV/SQL/… to play with (or access to the
> EC’s ftp site).
>
>  I saw OpenInterests, looks great; and I immediately thought about whether
> we can link/reuse some of that data from our side, but I haven’t had the
> chance to work on it for the last few months.
>
>  What we want to do on our side is very similar to OpenTED, but for a very
> ugly spanish procurement site. So I don’t need your data right now, but
> I’ll definitely get in touch with you (and/or OpenContracting) when we
> start working on it, try to use the same data formats. In parallel we also
> need to scrape some ugly company register PDFs, I discussed it briefly with
> Open Corporates. All this, hopefully, at some point in 2014. ;)
>
>  Can’t make it to the Brussels hackathon I’m afraid, but we’ll be around
> in OKCon.
>
> /david

Júlia Keserű
International Policy Manager