[OpenSpending] Open Contracting and OKCon

Michael Roberts michaelr at webfoundation.org
Fri Mar 28 17:28:55 UTC 2014

Hi Julia,

This is useful indeed. There is some overlap with the countries we have prioritized.
We are using the following tool here http://open-contracting.github.io/2014/03/04/opendatacomparisonbeta.html to capture metadata around the datasets.

The priority countries we currently are looking at include:
Canada, Uruguay, Korea, Philippines, Moldova, Mexico, NYC Checkbook, UK Contracts Finder (regular + planning), Costa Rica, Colombia (just document links), Peru, Georgia, Chile, Brazil, EU, UN Office of Projects Services
The list is based in part on data availability, contact points, current OCP missions, as well ensuring sample datasets cover the various phases of the procurement process and different types of publishers.
Cheers,
Michael

Michael Roberts
@michaeloroberts | michaelr at webfoundation.org