[OpenSpending] OpenSpending Community Hangout in April: Suggested Theme and Vote for the Date

Meg Foulkes meg.foulkes at okfn.org
Fri Apr 10 14:33:25 UTC 2015

Hi All!

One of my first priorities is to get our Community Hangouts up and running
again.

I thought it might be a good idea to plan each of our hangouts around a
theme - so for our first one, since a general election is fast approaching
in the UK, I'm proposing we focus on UK Government Spending.

This might include financial forecasts, discussions around the UK
government's deficit, spending pledges in the manifestos of the political
parties and so on. Is the UK really the world's fastest growing 'major'
economy?, as George Arnett has asked
<http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality-check/2015/apr/01/clarify-uk-not-worlds-fastest-growing-major-economy>.
And did the last Labour governments really hike taxes by £1,895 a year
<http://www.theguardian.com/business/economics-blog/2015/apr/07/did-the-last-labour-governments-really-hike-taxes-by-1895-a-year>
?

In addition, there'll also be space for lightning talks and short updates
from around the community - if you are interested in giving one on your
project or work please just add to the draft agenda
<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1_59aF9SPubHnkLAnGN2cF2Be5ANGqxCJOak4MeAsKJs/edit#heading=h.aupboiaxhxgv>
.

It'd be brilliant to have as many of our community there as possible, so
please indicate your availability in this doodle poll
<http://doodle.com/rg5a643yt6g34gih>. As usual, it'll be via Google Hangout
(link to be sent nearer the day).

Stand by for further details...

All Best,

Meg

Meg Foulkes

OpenSpending Community Manager  | Skype: meg.foulkes1  |

Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see how data can change the world

http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog
<http://blog.okfn.org/>