[OpenSpending] Openbudgets.eu meets Open Spending

Anna Alberts anna.alberts at okfn.de
Fri Dec 4 19:49:18 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I’m Anna Alberts from the Open Knowledge Foundation Germany, where I’ve
been working on a new project called OpenBudgets.eu since April. Our goal
is to develop a platform for European Budget and Spending Data.

Early last week we brought together 30 budget and spending enthusiasts from
across Europe. Our discussion focused on how data-driven approaches in
advocacy, policy-making and journalism can lead towards a democratisation
of fiscal information.

Personally, I cherished the opportunity to (re)convene people from
countries as diverse as Albania, Ukraine, Netherlands, Spain (and many
more). Across these countries, the past few years have established an
exciting array of techniques to explain public policy to a wider audience,
and to combat corruption.

Together with Cecile Le Guen from Open Knowledge International, we will be
sharing the great projects that were presented during this workshop. We
invite you to comment, ask questions, and - most importantly - invite you
to share the discoveries made in your own projects here as well.

Groetjes, liebe Gruesse, grosses bises, ciao,

Anna

--
Anna Alberts, Project Manager OpenBudgets.eu
Open Knowledge Foundation Germany