[OpenSpending] Moving to Fiscal Data Package 0.3.0

Daniel Fowler daniel.fowler at okfn.org
Wed Jan 20 13:59:08 UTC 2016

Hi all,

After hovering at alpha for a few months, we're looking to move the Fiscal Data Package specification to version 0.3.0 by 31 January 2016.

What does this mean?

We would like to request interested parties read the current spec and raise any comments they have on the issue tracker. We are looking to solve the most pressing issues for a 0.3.0 release. Please note, that even after the deadline, the specification will still be evolving. As such, comments that don't make the 0.3.0 release could possibly be included in a future release.

In parallel with this, we are seeking to define and refine a process for reviewing and accepting contributions. Please see the following PR for details: https://github.com/openspending/fiscal-data-package/pull/122/files

Related post: https://discuss.okfn.org/t/moving-to-fiscal-data-package-0-3-0/1821

Cheers,

Dan

--
Daniel Fowler
daniel.fowler at okfn.org
+251 93 368 4124 | skype: dan.d.fowler  |  @danfowler
Open Knowledge International - A world where knowledge creates power for the many, not the few
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn