[opentextbooks] Funding Open Textbooks

Felix Breuer felix at fbreuer.de
Tue Jul 16 17:57:15 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this list and I don't know how active the Open Textbooks
working group is, but I wanted to reach out anyway!

In my view, the main challenge in making textbooks open is that we have not
found the right funding model yet to cover the cost of creating open
textbooks. I have been thinking a lost about these issues, and come up with
a new model for financing the creation of open content, and open textbooks
in particular. The basic idea is described in this blog post:

  http://bit.ly/14HColK

I'd love to hear what people in this group think about this approach!

All the best,
Felix

--
http://www.felixbreuer.net