[p4od] Welcome to the Partnership for Open Data mailing list - Please introduce yourself!

Emma Beer emma.beer at okfn.org
Tue Jun 3 10:53:08 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Thanks Daniela.

I’m Emma Beer.  I’ve just started at Open Knowledge and will be managing
various European projects here including the Open Data Census
<http://national.census.okfn.org/>. I’ll also be helping out on one of the
workpackages for Partnership for Open Data.

I live in Paris at the moment but will be moving back to London in July.
 While in Paris I worked in communications for the OECD for issues such as
Green Growth.  I have a background in project/programme management and
communications, education and technology, and digital content in museums,
libraries and archives.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the future!

Emma

On 2 June 2014 12:27, Liz Carolan <liz.carolan at theodi.org> wrote:

> [...]
> My background is in learning, research and governance - I joined the ODI
> from the Institute for Government
> <http://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/> - a London based organisation
> that supports effective government. In the 3.5 years there, I led the
> development of learning products for government leaders (ministers,
> opposition and officials) and project managed multiple initiatives -
> including a collaboration with a UK research council to support academics
> who wish to engage with the policy making process. During my time at IfG, I
> was privileged to be asked to spend 6 months supporting the new Cabinet in
> Sierra Leona via the African Governance Initiative
> <http://www.africagovernance.org/africa>. Before this I worked mainly in
> community development, managing an inner city project for migrants and
> refugees in Dublin, working with a local organisations on women's
> participation in post-conflict Kosovo and Bosnia.
>

> On 28 May 2014 11:58, Daniela Mattern <daniela.mattern at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey all!
>>
>> we created this mailing list in order to discuss the activities of the
>> Partnership for Open Data and how the Partnership can help to build
>> sustainable open data ecosystems in developing countries.
>>
>> My name is Daniela and I am the project manager for Partnership for Open
>> Data at Open Knowledge. I will soon share what we have so far about the
>> Partnership so that we can start the discussion.
>>

>> *Today I am writing to ask you to briefly introduce yourself. *
>>
>> *It would be great if you shared a bit about your background, where you
>> are currently living, what is your interest in Open Data and how you think
>> the Partnership for Open Data should work in developing countries. *
>> I will start :)
>>
>> I am Daniela, I joined Open Knowledge in London in February. Before this
>> I have been working for 11 years in Brazil - at first 7 years with
>> leadership training and advocacy work in a slum and then 4 years with Open
>> Data and Technology. I have been mainly working with geospacial data and
>> collaborative mapping - we created a tool for this:
>> http://maps.mootiro.org and are currently building a new version of it -
>> the idea is to have an open repository for geospacial data with API and
>> collaborative editing. I am passionate about freedom of information
>> requests and how to use them in advocacy work - mostly I have worked with
>> urban housing movements and also sustainable transport. The other questions
>> I am looking for an answer is "how to engage low income communities - young
>> people and community leaders from slums - with the open data movement" and
>> "how to achieve real change for people in low income communities with open
>> data".
>>
>> Looking forward to having your introduction.
>>
>> Daniela
>>
>> --
>>
>> Daniela Mattern
>>
>> Open Data Project Manager | skype: e1aste2000

Emma Beer

Senior Project Manager |Skype: emma.beer  |  tel: +33 0623872754

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*