[p4od] Welcome to the Partnership for Open Data mailing list - Please introduce yourself!

Daniela Mattern daniela.mattern at okfn.org
Wed May 28 10:58:32 UTC 2014

Hey all!

we created this mailing list in order to discuss the activities of the
Partnership for Open Data and how the Partnership can help to build
sustainable open data ecosystems in developing countries.

My name is Daniela and I am the project manager for Partnership for Open
Data at Open Knowledge. I will soon share what we have so far about the
Partnership so that we can start the discussion.

*Today I am writing to ask you to briefly introduce yourself. *

*It would be great if you shared a bit about your background, where you are
currently living, what is your interest in Open Data and how you think the
Partnership for Open Data should work in developing countries. *
I will start :)

I am Daniela, I joined Open Knowledge in London in February. Before this I
have been working for 11 years in Brazil - at first 7 years with leadership
training and advocacy work in a slum and then 4 years with Open Data and
Technology. I have been mainly working with geospacial data and
collaborative mapping - we created a tool for this:
http://maps.mootiro.organd are currently building a new version of it
- the idea is to have an
open repository for geospacial data with API and collaborative editing. I
am passionate about freedom of information requests and how to use them in
advocacy work - mostly I have worked with urban housing movements and also
sustainable transport. The other questions I am looking for an answer is
"how to engage low income communities - young people and community leaders
from slums - with the open data movement" and "how to achieve real change
for people in low income communities with open data".

Looking forward to having your introduction.

Daniela

--

Daniela Mattern

Open Data Project Manager | skype: e1aste2000

*Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org> *

*See how data can change the world *

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on