[p4od] Welcome to the Partnership for Open Data mailing list - Please introduce yourself!

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Wed May 28 15:23:04 UTC 2014

Thanks Daniela,

I'm Marieke Guy and I'm also from Open Knowledge - though I'm based in
Cirencester in the UK. I work on the LinkedUp Project
<http://linkedup-project.eu> pushing forward the exploitation of public,
open data available on the Web, in particular by educational
institutions and organizations. I also co-ordinate the Open Education
Working Group <http://education.okfn.org>. In the group we bring
together people and groups interested in open education, the groups goal
is to initiate global cross-sector and cross-domain activity that
encompasses the various facets of open education.

We recently ran a workshop on behalf of the working group and the
project called Making it Matter: Supporting education in the developing
world through open and linked data
<http://linkedup-project.eu/making-it-matter-workshop/>. The workshop
uncovered a number of real world problems
<http://linkedup-project.eu/2014/05/21/what-we-learnt-at-making-it-matter/>
related to education in the developing world that could potentially be
solved by data and technology solutions. I'm interested in finding out
more about how the working group and the project can start unpicking
these problems and building partnerships that lead to eventual solutions.

My background is information management working on areas including
research data management, digital preservation, digitisation and
cultural heritage archiving.

Marieke

Marieke Guy
LinkedUp <http://linkedup-project.eu/> Project Community Coordinator |