[pdb-discuss] british library screen scraping

Timothy Cowlishaw timcowlishaw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:28:55 UTC 2006

On 9 Apr 2006, at 10:11, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> Feel free to comment on/amend this (either on the wiki or here)

One thought....

"Add information on composers (specifically date of birth)"

Could we branch this data off into a seperate table, and even develop
a screenscraper  for wikipedia to get composers dates of birth for us?

If we had a script which scraped the wikipedia list of classical
composers, and dug down to each article to get the date of birth,
then dumped the name and date of birth in a database table,  and set
this to run at regular (infrequent) intervals, all the 'composer'
fields in the table of 'recordings' could reference this 'composers'
table...

cheers,

Tim