[pdb-discuss] Brief update from iSummit

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Jun 27 20:52:52 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

Looking through my notes I see I missed some details:

I brought up the Creative Archive's UK-only clause. In Canada, Michael Geist
said that this could be a good bargaining chip for digitisation by, for
example, suggesting that the BBC and CBS make a reciprocal access
arrangement, which is a clearer incentive than making work entirely open and
hoping that others will follow suit.  The reason I bring this up here is that
we could use the notion of reciprocal access to our advantage when
cooperating with foreign projects and UK institutions if we wanted.

The Italian project is called Liber Liber:
http://www.liberliber.it/comunicare/english/index.htm

Regard,
Tom

--
I'll give £100 to People & Planet if 20 people give £10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!