[pdb-discuss] points of confusion...

Dan Leech dan.t.leech at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:20:15 UTC 2006

some thoughts....

Use cases :
what does the 'value' field signify? (importance?)

genre :
I think genres would be usefull even at this early stage, a genre system can
help users navigate and home-in on a piece of media / meta-data.. even if
the genres are very broad ie. classical, rock. fiction, factual.

file uploads (long term):
can we natively support file uploads to archive.org? or does the user have
to navigate to archive.org and upload there?

copyright (mediums):

>The copyright is always associated with the work (and certainly not with
>a particular digital copy of the work). Thus copyright should be
>associated with the work rather than the medium. (rufus)

if a piece of work is copyright... do publishers assert their own copyright
on the reproduction? ie. the london symphony orchestra play beethovens 5th
symphony. It is recorded and published on Sony classical - sony would hold
copyright on the recording (the medium)?

A copyright is associated with the medium, and the digital reproduction of
the medium is the ultimate product of the website.

sorry if this is completely wrong. Ill do some homework on copyright soon..

cool

--
Dan Leech
Virtual Art Solutions