[pdb-discuss] Data from the BBC Archives

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Nov 28 12:59:57 UTC 2006

Apologies for not replying but I missed this when it came through last week.

rob at robmyers.org wrote:
> Quoting Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>:
>
>> Yes it is a great opportunity. The material has also been deposited
>> with the CHARMS group at KCL so we should probably get in touch with
>> them again and discuss collaboration.
>

> Yes, definitely.

Anyone volunteering to write them an email or give them a call?

Details of my original contact with them is in:

http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/pdb-discuss/2006-August/000084.html

>>> Incidentally, I'm giving a talk about FC-UK at FAVE on Saturday so
>>> I'll be
>>> plugging pd-burn. Do we have all the 1900 data entered yet or should I
>>

>> Fantastic. Why not also give Open Shakespeare:
>>
>>   http://www.openshakespeare.org/
>>
>> a mention.
>

> Willdo. Is that an FC-UK project? Should it be? Any plans for an
> OpenDickens or
> anything?

currently it is 'in theory' and Open Knowledge Foundation project but I
think we'd be very happy to make it a joint FC-UK/OKF project just like
the public domain works database.

>>> call for
>>> volunteers to do stuff next week?
>>

>> We have some 1900 stuff entered. Personally I'm in two minds about
>> entering that much more because I think we need to move away from a
>> wiki to a proper domain-model backed web-application.
>

> OK I won't put out a call then. I'll just plug the AGM. For the 16th or ?

This is a tricky chicken and egg question to which I will return in
another post.

~rufus