[pdb-discuss] Web-app demo running

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Wed Aug 8 23:32:57 UTC 2007

This looks cool! Congrats! Are the public domain rules worked out...

Ok guys, so, have been working with the team here on pdwiki, and we have
figured out a change in the project.

We are looking to make the canadian component of the site a separate
site that relies upon the service we are developing, called
wikibiblio...

It would be great to fold your efforts on the technical site into
ours...because of this change, I can open up this service component we
are building, based upon drupal.

Would you be interested in this?

Cheers

Jon

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 19:18 +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> The demo web-app has been pretty much functional since the meeting 3
> weeks ago but I've had some trouble deploying it on the general server
> (issues with the sqlalchemy, postgres/python bindings and mxDateTime ....).
>
> Anyway these are now resolved and you can see the result (with a tiny
> bit of test data for demo purposes) running at:
>
>    http://db.publicdomainworks.net/
>
> (here's the artist:  http://db.publicdomainworks.net/artist/)
>
> Next step is to start pulling data from musicbrainz into it (and pushing
> our data back into musicbrainz). I've already done quite a bit of work
> on this and hope to have some reasonable data uploading done pretty soon.
>
> ~rufus

Jon Phillips
jon at creativecommons.org
cell: +1.510.499.0894 (80% time)
desk: +1.415.369.8486 (20% time)

Community/Business Developer
Creative Commons
www.creativecommons.org

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice.  Creative Commons cannot and does not give legal advice.
You need to assess the suitability of Creative Commons' tools for
your particular situation, which may include obtaining appropriate
legal advice from a licensed attorney.