[pdb-discuss] Having an irc meeting to plan development work

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 8 18:54:44 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I'd like to suggest having a brief irc meeting some evening in the next
week to coordinate a development push on the public domain works
database. There's all kinds of stuff it would be good to do work on
including:

   * Developing the domain model for this project (what attributes of a
work do we want to store, what attributes for artists etc)

   * Parsing data from external sources preparatory to entering it into
the db

   * Producing a proper web application front-end to this db to replace
the wiki (including css design and javascript)

   * Testing/constructive criticism :)

I propose we hold this meeting on #okfn on irc.oftc.net in the evening
(1800/1900 type of time) some day this week or early next.

What do people think? It would be great to hear from everyone whether
they can come or not.

Regards,

Rufus