[pdb-discuss] Having an irc meeting to plan development work

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Tue Jan 16 19:51:11 UTC 2007

Nathan Lewis wrote:

> My apologies everyone,
>
> In the end I was not able to make it. What was discussed and what did
> you all decide.

We discussed the Musicbrainz proposal, and decided it is a good idea.

So pd-burn will use Musicbrainz as a data store and build its own
applications on top of that, similarly to CC or OurMedia's use of
archive.org as a data storage platform for their community projects and
software.

pd burn data will be stored in Musicbrainz, and pd-burn will develop
software to facilitate this and to query the MB database to find PD
work. This means we don't need to develop a database or metadata format,
we can just help improve an existing one and build on it.

All of which seems like a good use of resources and very cool. The MB
basic database is Public Domain, which seems to make sense. I personally
think we should get a legal opinion on that, and also contact MB and get
some kind of statement from them that this is all OK and works as we
think it does, but those are minor backp-covering issues. :-)

The pd-burn website is being converted to WordPress to store the current
information as a step towards this.

Rufus have I misremembered or missed anything?

- Rob.