[pdb-discuss] Introduction

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jun 22 20:30:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 18:47 +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Great to hear from you and thanks for introducing yourself. As I
> mentioned when we met in Dubrovnik we've been working to develop an open
> database of public domain works over the last year and a half. We've now
> got quite a bit of data, a bunch of code and are busy working on
> 'wiki-like' system for managing the data (with the intention of plugging
> into musicbrainz eventually). Our web site with recent news plus details
> of stuff like our subversion repository is at:
>
>    http://www.publicdomainworks.net/
>
> I know you said you had also been working on similar stuff. Maybe you
> could post to the list with some more info and we could look at ways to
> share data/code etc.
>
> I hadn't looked at the OKI OSID spec before so thanks for the pointer.
> How do you see it playing a role here? I definitely think all groups
> interested in the open discography/biliographic area should try and
> adopt an explicit open license wherever possible.

Ooops, for some reason I was thinking this was the OKI list, so nm about
that!

CC is not quite ready to formally announce the pdwiki project we are
working on with Access Copyright, Wikimedia Foundation and CC Canada.

I want to open the doors as soon as possible and work towards
interoperability and sustainability between similar projects...community
support is super important to our projects...

Is there a place where you all work on a wiki and/or have detailed
similar projects?

Also, I will be in birmingham/UK JUL 15 - 19 and London 19-21. Is there
a time in there where we can get interested parties together to discuss
more?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips