[pdb-discuss] Introduction

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 27 12:01:44 UTC 2007

Jon Phillips wrote:
[snip]
> CC is not quite ready to formally announce the pdwiki project we are
> working on with Access Copyright, Wikimedia Foundation and CC Canada.
>
> I want to open the doors as soon as possible and work towards
> interoperability and sustainability between similar projects...community
> support is super important to our projects...

I think the most crucial thing is having an open license on the data
(This is what I emphasized to Mia when I first spoke to her about all of
this a year and a half ago [1]). The next thing is APIs to allow
swapping data between different systems.

[1]: http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/pdb-discuss/2006-May/000029.html

> Is there a place where you all work on a wiki and/or have detailed
> similar projects?

There's some old material on:

   http://www.freeculture.org.uk/PublicDomainBurn/SimilarProjects

But we should start using our new trac wiki:

   http://p.knowledgeforge.net/pdw/trac/wiki

> Also, I will be in birmingham/UK JUL 15 - 19 and London 19-21. Is there
> a time in there where we can get interested parties together to discuss
> more?

That sounds like a great idea. London sounds better, what about the
afternoon of July 19 or 20th?

~rufus