[pdb-discuss] Re: Presenting at OK Con

Tim Cowlishaw timcowlishaw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:37:35 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

Was just in the middle of writing an email on the very same subject! would
appreciate any advice on how best to proceed, Am currently putting together
a presentation with this basic structure:

- Background:
-- Lack of a central copyright register in the UK - Role fulfilled by the
stationers office in Statute of Anne, doesn't exist today.
-- Problems of working out copyright / PD status of works - complexities of
Music copyrights, records of author death dates, etc.
-- Summary of the need for PDW-DB

- Implementation
-- Outline of the app's functionality
-- Tech details (Maybe Nathan or Rufus can step in at this point?)
-- Data sources (BBC Archive, British Library catalogoue,
kingkong.demon.co.uk)
-- Use cases / Examples

- Future Plans
- Call for Volunteers

How does this look as an outline... anything I've missed?

cheers!

Tim