[pdb-discuss] Something concrete we could do in the next week

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 15 19:17:04 UTC 2007

Nathan Lewis wrote:
> On the heuristics it occurred to me that we don't need to precisely
> match the artist, we just need to check the artist's life span and if
> the artist died long enough ago then we can add that artist to our list
> and search for every track solely done by that artist.

Exactly though remember that to be truly PD track must also be more than
50 years old -- which is why i don't think we will find many pd tracks
in musicbrainz at present even though we mind find quite a few composers
who died more than 70 years ago. For out of copyright recordings we are
really going to start needing to upload/analyse the BBC 'grams' (i.e.
gramaphone) data.

Regards,

Rufus