[pd-discuss] Introducing myself and Public Domain Calculators

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Mon Dec 14 14:21:03 UTC 2009

Hello,

I recently joined this mailinglist due to my new position at kennisland/knowledgeland that is developing/researching a couple of public domain calculators together with Christina of IVIR for the European Europeana project. I have a software engineering degree and will be responsible for and interested in building (web)tools for determining whether works are in the public domain given a certain country to calculate from.

I've seen the archives and the separate coding projects on this list. All look very promising!

I've also developed a rudimentary python calculator based on the work done on http://wiki.okfn.org/PublicDomainCalculators specifically the dutch flowchart.
This produced insights into how to develop a tool that could easily translate flowcharts into an extension of a basic calculator.

I look forward of seeing all your interesting work and questions.

Maarten Zeinstra

Kennisland | Knowledgeland
T: +31.20.575.6720 | E: mz at kl.nl
www.kennisland.nl | www.knowledgeland.org