[pd-discuss] Canada PD calculation code

David Read internet at davidread.org
Wed Jun 3 13:36:07 UTC 2009

Jon and Andy, thanks for the pointers to the Open Library code. We've
got UK, USA and Canada covered now. We want to cover all copyrightable
material, not just books, but recordings too, for example.

Andy, can you tell me if your diagram goes beyond books/photographs
and covers music recordings too?

Another thing that comes up in practice is the issue of imperfect
data, such as missing author records, ambiguous authorship for records
missing birth/death date information or finding the original
publication date when the item in question is just a reissue.

Dave