[pd-discuss] Public Domain Calculators: Material from EU Public Domain Project

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 12 10:00:14 UTC 2009

At the COMMUNIA workshop in March there was discussion of further work
on the Public Domain Calculators.

I promised to make available the work that had been done on this as
part of the EU-funded Public Domain project [1] (of which I am a
participant in my capacity as an Economist at the University of
Cambridge).

I have now uploaded all the main documents to the Public Domain
Calculators page here:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/PublicDomainCalculators#MaterialfromEUPublicDomainProject>

I hope these can form a useful basis for building explicit algorithms
flow charts for much of the EU and avoid any duplication of work.

I'd ask each of person who has taken on an EU jurisdiction (list
below), and anyone else who is interested, to take a look and let me
know how complete these are and whether these can be easily converted
into a flow-chart/algorithmic form -- perhaps using Andy's recent
glinkr version for Canada as a template [2].

Rufus

[1]:<http://www.rightscom.com/Portals/0/EUPD%20project%20announcement.pdf>
[2]:<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/pd-discuss/2009-March/000286.html>

### EU PD Calculator Volunteers