[pd-discuss] Upgraded Public Domain Works DB with lost of new data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 21 09:22:58 UTC 2009

We have now completed a major load of data into the DB using our new
FRBR-based schema [1]:

  <http://publicdomainworks.net/>

There are now 125318 persons, 12840 items and 299141 works in the
database. The data we have there comes primarily from two sources:
people and book data from Philip Harper's NGCOBA and recordings data
from the online discographies provided by KCL's CHARM project.

We also have a load more sound recordings data (~ 600k items) almost
ready to go courtesy of Edward Betts and the Open Library. (And we are
yet to even get started on the BBC GRAMS data ...).

Please take a look around and let me know what you think.

Rufus

[1]:<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/pd-discuss/2009-March/000281.html>