[pd-discuss] Canada PD calculation code

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri May 29 03:43:20 UTC 2009

Yes, this is correct. Copy the canadian module ca.py with jurisdiction code
and then should be directly pluggable, aka, send a patch to get it
integrated to the codebase. However this functionality is still not live on
OL and is something to work towards.

Jon Phillips
+1.415.830.3884 (global)
+86.132.6817.8381 (beijing)
jon at rejon.org

On May 29, 2009 3:36 AM, "Rufus Pollock" <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

2009/5/28 Andy Kaplan-Myrth <andy at kaplan-myrth.ca>:

> Hi, > > I don't know my way around the codebase, but the folks at
Openlibrary > have worked on tra...
Thanks for the info (though I can't actually find the relevant file in
that repo atm).

Anyway I was aware of their original work on pd calculators in code
since we were working on it with them -- the public domain works
project here has now been going off and on for 4 years+ :)

>From what I remember of the code it was, like ours at the time, pretty
rudimentary and this latest coding effort -- which is a complete
upgrade/rewrite of the original -- represents a significant advance (+
it is properly tied in to the underlying DB/domain model which means
we can actually calculate PD status for a very large number of works!)

Rufus