[pd-discuss] Canada PD calculation code

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 28 19:36:12 UTC 2009

2009/5/28 Andy Kaplan-Myrth <andy at kaplan-myrth.ca>:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know my way around the codebase, but the folks at Openlibrary
> have worked on translating the Canadian flowchart into python code
> already so it can be built in to that site. You should be able to find
> that code somewhere in this tree:
>   http://github.com/openlibrary/openlibrary/tree/pdregistry.ca

Thanks for the info (though I can't actually find the relevant file in
that repo atm).

Anyway I was aware of their original work on pd calculators in code
since we were working on it with them -- the public domain works
project here has now been going off and on for 4 years+ :)

>From what I remember of the code it was, like ours at the time, pretty
rudimentary and this latest coding effort -- which is a complete
upgrade/rewrite of the original -- represents a significant advance (+
it is properly tied in to the underlying DB/domain model which means
we can actually calculate PD status for a very large number of works!)

Rufus