[pd-discuss] UK flowchart min (50 years from publication, 125 years from publication)

Guibault, L. L.Guibault at uva.nl
Mon Feb 22 16:43:50 UTC 2010

Hi Maarten,

I'm not sure that either one is correct anyway. The UK as Member State
of the EU must have a duration of life + 70 years or of 70 years from
publication in case of initial ownership by a legal entity. I don't know
where the 125 years comes from, maybe Christina has a better idea.

Regarding your earlier question about creating a category 'Legal', there
indeed needs a new category to catch remaining types of works not
falling in the other categories, but I would simply call it 'Other'.

Best regards,

Lucie

Lucie Guibault

Instituut voor Informatierecht

Universiteit van Amsterdam

Bezoekadres:

Korte Spinhuissteeg  3, Kamer B2.17, Amsterdam

Postadres:

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, Nederland

Tel: +31.20.525.3947

Fax: +31.20.525.3033

Email: L.Guibault at uva.nl <mailto:L.Guibault at uva.nl>

Website: www.ivir.nl

Please note that I am not in the office on Mondays