[pd-discuss] new member intro

Péter Bálint Langmár langmarpeter at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 15:23:40 UTC 2010

Dear List Members,

I have just joined to the Public Domain discuss list, so I would like to briefly
introduce myself.

   I am a recent Master of Global Communicationsgraduate at The American
University of Paris. Ihave a quite diverse background, trained in the visual
arts, communications, management and information technology. Recently, I have
been accepted to the PhD in Cultural Policy and Management program at City
University Londonto research Web regulating cultural policies. However, I
deferred my placement in order to gain more professional experience before I
seek a PhD.

My interest has two main fields: new media research and cultural advocacy.
In my researches I focus on issues around cultural democracy and free culture,
aesthetic canon, online popular culture, public interest and cultural politics.
On the other hand I work for the realization of these concepts, I advocate an
open, participative and competitive cultural sphere. I have worked as an intern
at two leading cultural institutions and actively founded two Hungarian
culturally focused NGOs. Today, the NGO I launched named KON|TЯA(which means
reflection) has a summer project with 30 plus participants that work on social
and communications research based participative art projects. We also run
educational project for high school students and manage participative art
projects with youth and social researchers.

Most recently I have got in touch with Jonathan Gray at The Open Knowledge
Foundation, because I look forward to make an internship at the Foundation to
get more experience at open society research and advocacy.

Best regards,
Peter Langmar

Ps: You can find my online introduction and other presentations at
http://prezi.com/edjwrvoj51uc/peter-langmar-resume/
or you can contact me at LinkedIn
http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/peter-langmar/18/101/279