[pd-discuss] Questions on UK copyright law

Angelopoulos, C.J. C.J.Angelopoulos at uva.nl
Wed Jul 28 15:35:19 UTC 2010

Dear all,

While working on the UK term of protection flowcharts two questions
concerning UK copyright occurred to me, which I was hoping somebody
might be able to help me with. I seem to be having difficulty making my
way around the CDPA... It doesn't help that I am limited to online
versions and I'm suddenly very confused about which would be the best
(more up-to-date) version of the act to use... I'd been using the
following two addresses:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/ukpga_19880048_en_18
<http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/ukpga_19880048_en_18>

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?activeTextDocId=2250249
<http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?activeTextDocId=2250249>

but they seem to conflict as to the precise wording of s.164.

I'm also for some reason having difficulty locating the section on the
protection of previously unpublished works...

If you know the answers to these questions, it would be a huge help!

All the best,

Christina

**********************************

Christina Angelopoulos

Researcher / Editor,
Institute for Information Law (IViR),
University of Amsterdam,
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam,
The Netherlands
Tel. +31 20 525 3456, Fax. + 31 20 525 3033
E-mail: c.j.angelopoulos at uva.nl
Web-site: www.ivir.nl
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/cangelo1/Application%20Data/Micro
soft/Signatures/www.ivir.nl>