[pd-discuss] Public Domain Day 2011 / Which works enter the PD in 2011?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sun Oct 17 10:54:45 UTC 2010

I should also add that:

1. We should think about what happened last year, and how we can build
on it. For anyone who didn't see this, there is a summary of various
initiatives here:

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/01/05/public-domain-day-2010-a-roundup/

Specific links:

http://www.publicdomainday.org/
http://www.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday
http://everybodyslibraries.com/2010/01/01/public-domain-day-2010-drawing-up-the-lines/

2. Juan Carlos De Martin just pinged me about a list that he
circulated to the communia-members list in August (which I missed!),
which is reassuringly  similar to the one that we just generated from
Wikipedia + DBpedia + PublicDomainWorks.net:

Francis Scott Fitzgerald
Nathanael West
Isaac Babel
Mikhail Bulgakov
Leon Trotsky
Walter Benjamin
Paul Klee

The only differences are that he's included Isaac Babel and Trotsky,
and we've included John Buchan, author of the Thirty Nine steps! I
guess we could also include Emma Goldman...

3. We should also obviously work to make sure we coordinate with as
many different initiatives as possible. If others have started
planning (and its not going to spoil any special surprises!) perhaps
they could pitch into this thread with an overview of what they're
doing?

Would it be useful to have, e.g., a planning call on this?

All the best,

Jonathan