[pd-discuss] Public Domain Day 2011 / Which works enter the PD in 2011?

Alberto Cerda alberto at derechosdigitales.org
Mon Oct 18 22:47:41 UTC 2010

It should be the case, Peter.

As far as the country of origen of the work does not involve a longer term
protection, which could be a nightmare in cases of joint authorship between
a Canadian author with another author who is/was a national or a resident of
another Berne Convention country that provide a longer protection.

Totally agree with your short statement, but I am not sure if EU-members
count as a single location or as several of them.

Please, let me know if I am wrong. I understand that, according to the Phil
Colins decision, which requires non discrimination between EU-citizens by
domestic copyright law, an EU-country shouldn`t apply the rule of shorter
term to nationals from another EU countries. However, it still can apply the
rule to national from third countries. Is it right?

Thanks for your answers.
A.