[pd-discuss] Public Domain Day 2011 / Which works enter the PD in 2011?

J.C. DE MARTIN demartin at polito.it
Sun Oct 24 14:32:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

Many thanks! Wipipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taneda_Santoka)
provides a rather rich entry that we can use to highlight him
on www.publicdomainday.org. Thanks.

Regarding the PD effect, there is a rather simple yet helpful way of
measuring it:
think of a major author that entered the PD in Japan in the  past few years
and then query an online bookstore and see how many works of his/her
have been published in the years before and after entering the PD.
In the case of a bestseller such as Sigmund Freud the effect in Italy
has been quite stunning. I wonder if you could find any number for
a well-known Japanese author. Just wondering.

If you confirm your plans to hold a PD Day Celebration please
let us about it!

Again, thanks, best

juan carlos