[pd-discuss] How to find *open* public domain material on Europeana

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Wed Aug 10 15:43:45 UTC 2011

Hi List,

I really like the way Europeana implemented their right structure and search engine. With the right syntax you can get to almost any item. (although mostly through undocumented features).

You could also use Creative Commons beta search engine: http://labs.creativecommons.org/demos/search/?betaActive=1&q=

I would also not use the URL Europeana provided in favor of this one:
http://www.europeana.eu/portal/search.html?query=europeana_rights%3A*publicdomain*%20OR%20europeana_rights%3A*/by/*%20OR%20europeana_rights%3A*/by-sa/*
which only searches for these items instead of highlighting them.

Cheers,

Maarten

Kennisland | Knowledgeland

t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | s mzeinstra
www.kennisland.nl | www.knowledgeland.org