[pd-discuss] Public Domain Day Films

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Mon Dec 5 13:58:22 UTC 2011

Dear public domainers,

At the OKFN we're brainstorming ways to celebrate Public Domain Day (1st
Jan) this year. We're very keen to do a screening of a public domain film
(or films) in London and hopefully with parallel screenings in Paris,
Berlin and wherever else people are keen to organise them. Ideally we would
want to screen something that has only recently come into the public
domain. I think it would be a wonderful way to raise awareness about the
public domain and also a lot of fun.

Please reply to this thread with ideas for films you'd like to see screened
in celebration of Public Domain Day and we'll try and make it happen. Also,
do get in touch with me if you'd be interested in doing a parallel
screening in your locality.

All the best,

Sam

--