[pd-discuss] Contact between Wikimedia Foundation and Wellcome Trust regarding image collections?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Jan 13 23:45:12 UTC 2011

Thanks Mathias! In that case I think we'll probably write to them and
perhaps cc some of the Wikimedia UK folks into the email.

Am I correct in assuming that Wikipedia would be interested in using
the images if they were under a compatible license? I'm thinking
particularly of things like:

http://images.wellcome.ac.uk/indexplus/gallery/Treasures.html?f=1&

Also do you have any material to hand with success stories about
cultural heritage institutions who have made low resolution images
available under an open license, while perhaps selling access to /
reuse rights for higher resolution versions?

All the best,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Gray