[pd-discuss] Contact between Wikimedia Foundation and Wellcome Trust regarding image collections?

Michael S. Hart hart at pglaf.org
Thu Jan 20 00:13:59 UTC 2011

There is no contradiction in the two scenarios laid out below.

No one has pointed out any such contradiction all week long.

It is obvious there are some personal opinions, but no legal
reasoning to support the anti-non-commercial position.

If someone offers their work free for non-commercial usages,
it doesn't matter how many non-commercial uses could be made
all over the world.

I resubmit that such discussions are merely red herrings and
that you will simply do what you want.

I have seen such argumentation for longer than many of these
people have been alive, and will not help the pretenses that
they are legal, logical or rational.

They will do it this way simply because they want to, and no
amount of reasoning will change that.

Once again I offer to remain silent on this issue, if others
are willing to do the same.

Michael S. Hart
Founder
Project Gutenberg,