[pd-discuss] PD help

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Tue Mar 8 22:56:02 UTC 2011

On 8 March 2011 22:29, Alberto Cerda <alberto at derechosdigitales.org> wrote:
> Mmmm.... I think the Mexican copyright law provides protection to copyright
> holder for the author's life plus 100 years. To my knowledge, that is the
> longest term, but, unfortunately, I do not know since when that terms apply.

There's an interesting detail in French law which provides that any
author killed in wartime is given a thirty-year copyright extension,
at least since 1914 or so. (It is apparently a bit variable in detail,
thanks to EU harmonization, but there's definitely some potential for
life+up-to-100 cases).

http://www.celog.fr/cpi/lv1_tt2.htm (Art. L.123-10)

I'm not aware of any other country which has a similar provision, but
it's quite possible there are some.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk