[pd-discuss] Using an intermediate language for pdcalc proposal

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:17:03 UTC 2011

Maarten Zeinstra wrote:
> Hi platonides,
>
> I agree with you that my intermediate data format is not the most estetically pleasing of it's kind. However it is also exactly that: data. Getting Dijkstra on me is a bit of an overkill. As Dijkstra discussed algorithms, not data models. When my calculator parses this format it transforms it into a nice object oriented acyclic directed graph. I do completely agree with the evaluate property however. I think there are better solutions for that, which I didn't consider at the time.
>
> Could you sketch or proof of concept a tertiary approach?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Maarten Zeinstra
>
> Kennisland | Knowledgeland
> T: +31.20.575.6720 | M: +31.6.43.053.919
> www.kennisland.nl | www.knowledgeland.org

Heh, I could live with the gotos. They are after all node references.
OTOH parsing the xml file and then parsing the content of the evaluate
nodes solving those simple equations is not appropiate for a good format.

It reminds me perversions like
 http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/XML_vs_CSV__0x3a__The_Choice_is_Obvious.aspx