[pd-discuss] Using an intermediate language for pdcalc proposal

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Mon Mar 21 13:16:02 UTC 2011

Hi Platonides

Right, I see and agree with your point. It is not considered good practice, I considered this problem when working on the format. IMO it is not as perverse as your example suggests.

So we agree on most points, I am being a bit more pragmatic and have an, inherently, somewhat sub-esthetical solutions to this complex problem. How would you design an intermediary language that:

1. Is easy parse-able in multiple languages.
2. Separates data from algorithm
3. Ensure that the core software does not need adjusting when data needs adjusting

And please reply with an example. Having a theoretical discussion will bring this mailinglist only so-far in developing solutions.

Best,

Maarten