[pd-discuss] Music in the Public Domain

Adam Green adam.green at okfn.org
Mon May 7 19:06:47 UTC 2012

Maarten - I understood it differently. I thought that copyright still
applying to the lyrics, music etc of a recording made more than 50
years ago only restricted the covering of the song - not the actual
redistribution of the recording. ... (or else what would be the point
of the distinction between the recording copyright and the
lyrics/music copyright, and why all the fuss by The Beatles, Bono,
Cliff Ricard etc to get the copyright term extended?)

Rufus - any idea when this extension of 50 years to 70 years is due to
come into effect?

Adam Green

Editor, The Public Domain Review
http://publicdomainreview.org/