[pd-discuss] I have a dream: a law for the public domain in France

Primavera De Filippi primavera.defilippi at okfn.org
Tue Oct 30 09:51:32 UTC 2012

Hi all !
On the 27th of October, Lionel Maurel
(@Calimaq<http://scinfolex.wordpress.com/droits-dauteur-en-bibliotheque/>)
published in his blog <http://scinfolex.wordpress.com/> a long list of
suggestions that would help preserve and promote the public domain in
France. In view of the Ministry of Culture’s proposal to enact a new law
concerning French cultural heritage, Lionel advocates for the adoption of a
law that would also account for the public domain.

An overview of his propositions can be found here:
http://publicdomain.okfn.org/2012/10/30/i-have-a-dream-a-law-for-the-public-domain-in-france/

We hope that these propositions, although specifically oriented towards
French legislation, could be an inspiration for other people to undertake a
similar analysis on how the law could contribute to the preservation and
promotion of the public domain in their own country !