[pd-discuss] Entering the Public Domain in 2013

Adam Green adam.green at okfn.org
Wed Oct 31 19:07:11 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Editor of The Public Domain Review here - many thanks for your ideas and
suggestions!

Adrian and Philip: these are great starting points, we'll be sure to check
them out.

Peter: a very worthy concern! We'll be sure to double check the death dates
as best we can.

I was imagining the list to focus on those authors/artists whose works
enter the "public domain" by virtue of them having died in 1942 (in the
case of artists/writers) and as such will be Eurozone focused (and others
with the 70 + years rule).

Would be good to hear any suggestions regarding articles/documentation
relating to the copyright extension situation in the US (and others
countries) which we can also perhaps point to along with this list - to
increase awareness of issues in the field, etc.

Thanks,

Adam.

Adam Green

Editor, The Public Domain Review