[pd-discuss] Durationator collab?

Townsend Gard, Elizabeth townsend at tulane.edu
Wed Apr 3 02:21:49 UTC 2013

We had a great time connecting at SJ and others at Berkman last week.  We are moving to a new collaborative phase (we're nearly done with the first stage of research like mad scientists alone in the lab) and are finally able to seek out testing and strategic research partners (starting last summer).  We are now working with University of Michigan and NYARC (MOMA, Brooklyn Museum, and the Frick Collection) on small projects to better tune our system to helping solve problems.  If anyone else has other ideas on how to test our system, we would love ideas.

We are hoping to have a working system up and available for people to play with shortly.  We are still U.S. focused, but with materials for a lot of other countries (as part of the U.S. paths).  If there is anyone that would like to play/test/help, we would love to hear from you.

It looks like y'all have made great progress.  We should chat again soon!  We should also think about a testing bed that we could put through both systems to see the results.  I think we've talk about that before.   Maybe something for the summer?  It would be great fun.

Dr. Elizabeth Townsend Gard
Jill H. and Avram A. Glazer Professor in Social Entrepreneurship
Associate Professor in Law
Co-Founder and Co-Director, Tulane Center for IP Law and Culture
Co-Inventor and Director, Durationator(r) Copyright Experiment

Tulane University Law School
6329 Freret Street, Suite 355b
New Orleans, LA 70118
townsend at tulane.edu