[pd-discuss] CC-zero for vimeo, soundcloud & co

Maarten Brinkerink mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl
Fri Jun 14 07:23:50 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Very interesting thread! Especially because I've previously been in contact with SoundCloud about them not only supporting CC-0, but preferably also a PD Mark (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/).

The reason for this is that the institution I work for (the Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision) has a very interesting PD music recording collection it would like to distribute through SoundCloud, but *only* if it is accompanied with a suitable rights statement.

I would very much like to investigate how we could work together to maybe 'pressure' them a bit more. My previous individual attempts aimed directly at our contact at SoundCloud have not been very fruitful yet.

Best,

Maarten

Op 13 jun. 2013, om 23:40 heeft Nina Paley <nina at ninapaley.com> het volgende geschreven: