[Pdr] Fwd: Public Domain Review on Flickr

Jonathan Gray j.gray at cantab.net
Tue Jan 31 11:40:47 UTC 2012

I'm confident we could make it wonderful, if we use it cunningly.

I think most commonly used Flickr accounts are a bit messy, but we
could use sets and collections to organise stuff, and use the public
group to curate and handpick interesting things, and engage with other
like-minded PD image hunters on Flickr and elsewhere.

If we use it wisely, we *might* even be able to get Flickr to sponsor
us. George Oates at the Internet Archive used to he head of Flickr
Commons. After she left, there was a vacuum for a while. I was in
touch with folks at Flickr a while back and apparently the void was to
be filled. Perhaps now it is. They might love the Review?

J.

--
Jonathan Gray
http://jonathangray.org