[Pdr] Wisdom from Google Analytics

Adam Green mradamrgreen at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:30:08 UTC 2012

On 12 March 2012 22:08, Jonathan Gray <j.gray at cantab.net> wrote:

> Just had a peep at our site visitor analytics and noticed:
>
>  * We get around 5000 visitors per week (!) - Adam is this right?

yes 5000 is around normal,, though often more (no article last week)

>  * Nearly a half of those are from the US - so we definitely need to
> do more to promote the PDR out here (currently in San Francisco)

yes we definitely do, lots of people there in that place

>  * Nearly a third of those are referred from StumbleUpon - is there
> anything we can do to build on this? Other social web services that we
> could get on?
>
> this is all from one thing that was on stumbleupon,, the norway landscape
photographs. nowhere near this high normally, but yes proof that social
media is very useful in getting stuff spread around. should we perhaps be
doing some sneaky infiltration,, does anyone know how stumbleupon actually
works?? tumblr?? digg?? i really dont know how these work but will
investigate....