[Pdr] Music on PDR

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Sun Mar 18 16:27:56 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

Adam and I briefly spoke about getting more digitised 78s up on the Public
Domain Review.

I'd like to approach some bloggers or Youtube enthusiasts who upload
amazing 78s to curate great collections of public domain music on a
particular theme.

I discovered a really amazing blog the other day, and I would be interested
in seeing if he might want to contribute something:

http://ceintsdebakelite.wordpress.com/

If people think it's a good idea, we might want to think about how to
"brand" this kind of guest contribution. It could be "PDR Radio" or "PDR
Playlist", presumably something less generic, but you get the idea...

I think user generated music PD content is an area is something I'd like to
do more to support, as I find it fascinating.

Anyway, all very vague thoughts, but would be good to get a thread going on
this front and start throwing about links to cool curated collections. As I
mentioned above just checking out some youtube user profiles gets you
places.

E.g. http://www.youtube.com/user/althazarr

Sam

--